Sunday, October 29, 2006

Netbeans 5.5 Released

Netbeans 5.5 was released today. The new visual web pack preview is included. The visual web pack provides the same level of functionality from Creator 2 to Netbeans. I am so excited to get it running on my Mac.

The visual components of JSF are realized for the first time in Netbeans. So far the only thing I do not like is that Creator 2 projects are not interchangeable with Netbeans. If you Open a Creator 2 project in Netbeans it will not work again in Creator 2.

I installed the Enterprise Pack with an existing installation of Glassfish 9.1 (V2 Build 19 Milestone 2), and the server would not start. I tried a number of things but it appears some corruption occurs. If you use the default included application server everything works as expected.

The failed server was running on:
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz 6.5GB RAM
OS X 10.4.8 (PPC)
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-112)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-64, mixed mode, sharing)
Glassfish 9.1 (Version 2 Build 19 Milestone 2)

I opened an issue on the entpack at Netbeans. Issue # 88197

0 comments :

Popular Posts